Gale Associates was engaged by the Town of Medway to assist with the development of Parks, Open Spaces and Athletic Fields Master Plan. The goals of the study included:
- To complete a facilities inventory and assessment to identify the adequacy of existing facilities, including parks, open spaces and athletic fields, and to identify opportunities to recommend short term improvements.
- To review current maintenance practices and offer recommendations regarding the maintenance, organization, staffing and resources for the existing and proposed inventory of facilities.
- To complete a needs assessment, through sensing sessions, questionnaires and community surveys, to determine the adequacy, effectiveness and appropriateness of current recreational offerings and make recommendations based on perceptions of constituents as they relate to parks, open spaces, and athletic fields.
- To develop a planning program for the Town to better meet the recreational needs of the community as they relate to athletic fields.
- To identify priority projects, programs and areas for improvement, of parks and open spaces, to better meet the needs of the community.
- To prepare a master plan of facility and program enhancements to better meet the recreational needs of the Town Stakeholders.
- To prepare phasing plans and capital improvement budgets consistent with the Master Plan recommendations.
Please see reports below:
The EPFRAC (Evaluation of Parks, Fields and Recreational Areas Committee) was appointed by the Board of Selectmen and expanded in 2016 to include stakeholders for improvements at the Town's parks. In June, 2016 a Special Town Meeting was held and funding was approved for the park's project design and preparation of bid documents for construction.
Both the Town of Medway Master Plan and Master Plan Update had extensive participation by Town of Medway community groups as well as the public at large. The current projects listed are a result of this planning and the approval of the Town's funding at Special Town Meeting.
Current Projects (to view the designs, click on the links below):
The EPFRAC committee generally meets twice per month on Tuesday evenings. Please check the meeting calendar on the main page for meeting notices and agendas .
Questions about this committee can be directed to email@example.com or 508-533-3264.
Richard D'Innocenzo, Chair
Board of Selectmen
Parks & Recreation Commission
Mike Francis, Clerk
High School/Middle School
Community Preservation Committee
Friends of Choate Park
Friends of Choate Park