Nomination papers are available for the May 20, 2014 papers. Papers are available until Monday March 31st.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Town Clerk is the official keeper of the records for the Town of Medway. The office handles the recording and preservation of records including:
- Town by-laws
- Minutes of town meetings and certification of votes (forwards certifications to the Attorney General' Office and Secretary of the Commonwealth for approval)
- Vital records
- Zoning Board of Appeals and Planning Board filings. Twenty day appeal certicates
- State and Federal Tax Liens
- Dog Licensing
- Non-Criminal Disposition
- Raffle Permits
The Town Clerk's responsibilities also include:
- Oversee all elections, Federal, State, and Town.
- Supervision of voter registration
- Certify all nomination papers, State and Town petitions.
- Issue absentee ballots
- Record the annual town census, jury list, and street list.
- Posting all meetings of the town's governmental bodies.
- Swear in and record all elected and appointed officials.
- Issue open meeting law.