How long is a reservation held for?
- 7 days from the date of the initial request
- NOTE: A date is confirmed once the on-line application is completed AND the deposit (50% all rental fees + security deposit) is made either on-line or received by the Board of Selectmen's Office
- NOTE: The on-line application allows for payment at the time of application completion
How do I submit my floor plan?
- This is available on the Thayer Website and should be e-mailed to the Thayer Resident Manager
Are tables, chairs, linens included?
- Tables and chairs are included
- Linens are NOT included/available
- NOTE: Tables and Chairs can NOT be placed outside, they are for use inside the hall only
Are the Restrictions on Decorations?
The following items are NOT allowed:
- Confetti, glitter, or any similar minute particle substances
- Nails, staples, pins are not to be used on the walls or any wooden surfaces
- Tape with exception of non-marring non-residue
Do I have access to the Choate Park grounds?
- No. Choate Park is a separate venue that is operated by the Town of Medway Park and Recreation Department & Parks Commission
How do I obtain a liquor license?
- Complete the on-line application
- For those without computer access: request a hard copy of the alcohol license application form and mail to:
- Board of Selectmen’s Office
- 155 Village Street
- Medway, MA 02053
- NOTE: this should be submitted 45-60 days PRIOR to the event date to allow sufficient time for processing and approval at a Board of Selectmen’s Meeting
What equipment is available at the Thayer House that I can use?
- A projector screen, wall mounted HDTV, and PA/DJ sound system with wireless headphones
- Each piece of equipment can be rented for a fee of $40 each
Where can I get the Mandatory event insurance?
- If the renters home/rental insurance includes coverage for off premises events, ONLY that portion of the insurance policy should be attached to the Thayer on-line application or e-mailed to email@example.com or to the staff member in the Selectmen’s Office to whom they have been in contact
- If the renters home/rental insurance does NOT include coverage for off premises events and their insurer charges a substantial fee to obtain additional event liability insurance, this can be obtained from an on-line insurer such as Progressive, GEICO, etc. at a cost of approximately $100 (NOTE: this price is an estimate based on January 2019 pricing)
- NOTE: coverage should include the following:
- $1 million per occurrence
- Host Liquor Liability if applicable
- Name the Town of Medway, 155 Village Street as an additional insured
When is the final payment due?
- 30 days prior to the event and must include all outstanding fees and any additional fees (police or fire details)
What is the fee for using the lawn?
- Use of the Lawn for small activities/pop-up tent = $100
- Use of the Lawn for a large tent = $400 AND
- NOTE: the tent and any other outside vendor related rented items (tables, chairs, dishes, etc.) MUST be removed from the lawn by 8am the following day so as not to interfere with the next day renter
- A tent permit must also be obtained from Town of Medway Building Department
- There are 37 spaces available on the left for event parking and 2 in front of Thayer Homestead for a total of 39
- There is NO on-street parking on either side of Oak Street or Mechanic Street
- Additional parking may be found at the Choate Park complete and in the rear parking lot off of Winthrop Street if needed