An event is considered booked when the renter has submitted a signed Contract for Use of Thayer Homestead, hereafter referred to as the Contract, and paid the deposit. The Contract will specify:
- Description: This contains the details of the event, including areas rented, total rental fees, event hours, additional fees, and any equipment needed.
- Deposit: The Security Deposit PLUS one half of the total rental fee (sum of all fees) is due at contract signing. If the reservation is made within thirty (30) days of the event date, the total rental fee, and security deposit are due at Contract signing. Checks may be made payable to "Town of Medway". Credit Card payments may be made online by visiting the Town of Medway website or via the new on-line contract application which allows for payment at the time of contract submission.
- Balance: The rental fee balance will be due thirty (30) days prior to the event.
- Security Deposit Fee: The Security Deposit ensures that the property is left in the same condition it was found and that no damage resulted from the event. The security deposit will be returned via Town check, usually within six (6) weeks following the event. Any property damage, need for excessive cleaning, or time used beyond the contracted period will be itemized and deducted from the deposit or, in the case of damages or fees in excess of the Security Deposit, will be directly billed to the renter. Security Deposits are $100 for Thayer Hall; and $200 for Thayer Hall plus the Homestead Suite and/or Lawn.
- Cleaning Fee: The cleaning fee is a non-refundable amount added to every rental fee. It covers the basic cleanup for any event. For events requiring excess cleanup time, the cost of extra cleaning will be deducted from the Security Deposit Fee and/or billed directly to the renter. Cleanup fees are: Thayer Hall: $50, Thayer Hall/Homestead Suite/Lawn: $100.
- Caterer and/or Bartender: If required, provide the name of the caterer and/or bartender and all applicable documentation for each.
Contracts signed in advance for an event 12-24 months from the contract date are subject to a rate increase not to exceed 10% of the contracted rate. Rates are not subject to change for events held within 364 days of the Contract date.
Tax exempt renters must inform the Resident Manager of their tax exempt status prior to completing the Contract. Tax exempt users must provide the proper paperwork, including the certificate of sales tax exemption. Medway adheres to all state of Massachusetts rules regarding this type of transaction.
The Thayer Homestead reserves the right to cancel the Contract if the rental fee balance, cleaning fee, and Security Deposit are not paid when due, thirty (30) days prior to the event date. Thayer Homestead will make a reasonable attempt to contact the renter if payment is late and before cancelling the Contract, but is not responsible for cancellation due to late payments.