The mission of the Route 109 Design Committee is to provide general design overview and support timely preparation of the MassDOT 25% design submission by the Town’s engineering consultant The Committee shall solicit, facilitate, and recommend key design parameters and features for the reconstruction of Route 109/Main Street within the project limits established by the Board of Selectmen.
To that end, the Committee shall:
· Reach out early to various stakeholders in the project for input, comments, and suggestions.
· Establish design goals for the project.
· Work with Town officials to create reasonable design alternatives for consideration.
· Review design alternatives with all stakeholders and the general public through meetings, newspaper, written comment, survey, etc.
· Achieve a high level of satisfaction with design decisions throughout the community.
· Document and recommend design decisions to the Board of Selectmen for the 25% design submission.