Committee Mission - To preserve Medway’s rural character through the permanent protection of undeveloped land, wetlands and surface water bodies, agricultural lands and uses, scenic viewscapes, historic sites and recreation land.
Goals of the Medway Open Space Committee
1. Identify and protect undeveloped land that directly affects aquifers and groundwater, wildlife habitats, ponds and waterways.
2. Provide and maintain a diversity of conservation and recreation land uses, with opportunities for both passive and active recreation.
3. Promote the development and maintenance of trails and trail linkages.
4. Provide outreach to increase awareness among residents of the range of Medway’s open space and recreational assets.
5. Develop and maintain an active community culture of open space acquisition and habitat preservation.
6. Encourage compact development to reduce sprawl.
7. Facilitate the stewardship of open spaces.