The Medway Energy Committee is charged with investigating, studying, recommending, and advocating viable methods for achieving energy conservation and for using renewable sources of energy within the Town and Medway community.
- Establishing energy inventories for the Town and setting goals for energy reductions.
- Assessing the scope of energy conservation and renewable energy use in Town buildings and vehicles.
- Recommending feasible projects for energy and water conservation and renewable energy use.
- Reviewing Town by-laws to promote energy and water conservation and renewable energy use.
- Educating and providing outreach to Medway citizens.
- Coordinating with various state, federal, and private agencies on energy and renewable issues.
- Advise and assist the Town and community to identify and apply for energy and conservation related grants and funding opportunities.